Wednesday 16 April 2014


The word technology sometimes leads to confusion.

Actually, many people think of really funky machines when they come across it. The idea that a pen represented technology in the past or many other simple services created to satisfy people, does not really spring to mind at first.

I have mixed feelings about technology because I love the things new toys can do, but at the same time, I love the old ones. I used to play up the trees and now I see children who don’t leave their homes and sit for too long.

Anyway, regarding technology I think the first one is my mobile phone. That is for a very simple reason. I like the idea of integration. For me to have a camera the music I like and a diary with the numbers of people I want to ring, is really good. I can't believe I used to memorize so many numbers! My brain must be deteriorating big time nowadays. The best part of it is the organizer. This is the only way I get to pay bills on time, send an invoice "boleta" on certain dates; etc. got it in 2012 and use it all the time.

The second item I'd like to mention is the external disc drive. I think when you have lost all your info because your PC died or because you got it stolen or whatever reason, it can be really tragic. That is why I learnt we need to save info on a safe place that "ideally" will not collapse or disappear. I have complete books, whole albums of good music, and lots of documents that have taken me hours to download or write myself and don't want to lose. I don't remember when I got this, but it was long ago. Could I live without them? Hell yeah! I would have to get used to it, that's all.


Describe your favourite piece of Technology. Upload a picture if you like. Remember to use wordreference.com 

Say:

- How you got it

- How long you have used it

-How often you use it

-Why you like it
-Describe how life would be without it (180 words minimum)

Today write 1 comment on your teacher's blog and 2 or + Comments on your classmates'.



16 comments:

  1. Hi !!! my mobile phone is my favourite too, I really like what you say about living without them, a lot of people would lost their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my phone too, is a great tool, It's very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my external disc drive too because I use it to work fixing computers sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cellphone is my favourite too, it's so useful! the thing that I like most is that it has all the greatest functions of other technology

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my cellphone, it's old but I really love it, It's one of the most useful things in the world, greeting

    ReplyDelete
  6. We share the same favorite piece. Nowadays it's like "all in one", i mean, a computer, a radio and others amazing things

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that all cellphone´s qualities are so amazing, every time it add more interesting and useful functions. =)
    so nice, what relative to integration !! (sociologist term!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All people love cellphones... a revolution of Technology. Cells are more more intelligent that humans hahahah
    Kisses Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the external dics, because is more secure and transportable but a don't have one. I hope to buy one this year. c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same feeling about technology. Ok, is like if all people like cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the technology is very important for us, but we have to be careful when we start to depend of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like my cell phone to, is very comfortable, and very important today for the communication.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont like very much the cellphones. In general, people are alienated with them. But anyway I use it jaja.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody loves cellphones! Hahaha cellphones are dominating the world

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cell phone is so useful but the persons became addicted :c and for this reason I don’t like !

    ReplyDelete
  16. My father, because of his job always uses an external drive. It is very useful for storing such amounts of information!

    ReplyDelete